There are student teachers throughout the year at Rock Creek that help and teach classes while they are here. Ranging from subjects like social studies to math, they are here to earn their teaching degree in that subject. This semester, Rock Creek has a few new student teachers.
Danielle Evans, with social studies teacher Chris Schmitz
- How are you doing today
- “Social Studies, Government and World History.”
- “Love it.”
- “Doing what I am wanting to and the students are respectful”.
- “Yes, because my mom and basically my whole family were teachers.”
- “Education empowers people, and I previously thought about being a lawyer.”
- “Teaching the semester”
- “No, it will go smoothly.”
- “A fork because you use it for everything.”
Brad Gober, with social studies teacher Mike Zabel
- How are you today?
- “Social studies.”
- “Kids are respectful.”
- “Yes, since I was a freshman in high school.”
- “Good role model teachers and coaches in high school.”
- “Establish my teaching style and continue to learn of how to teach students.”
- “No, some ups and downs, but no.”
- “Social studies and from K-State.”
- “Coaching football and going to sub-state.”
- “Steak knife because I like steak.”
Daniel Knapp, with agriculture teacher David Holliday
- How are you doing?
- “Eighth grade Ag Exploration.”
- “Students have been welcoming.”
- “No, was going to run landscaping business.”
- “Dad, high school English teacher, and 18 other members of my family are.”
- “Successfully teach and look professional.”
- “No, kids are good which helps.”
- “Somewhere near home.”
- “Bachelor science and Ag. Emphasis in Education at K-State.”
- “Getting to take over and work with the kids for the first time.”